Sunday, September 15, 2013

One of My Favorites - Hinged Display Tray!

One of my closest friends recently lost her Dad.  My heart went out to her as I recalled how we all felt when we lost my husband Jason's Mom.  She had posted a few of her favorite photos of her Dad on Facebook.  When I saw them, not only was I moved to tears, but I was also inspired.  Using the hinged display tray, I used her photos and made her a gift.




I used the Tommy Paper Packet as well as the Tommy Complements Canvas Shapes.  I simply cut strips of one of the patterned papers to cover the outside edges.  I could have left it black, but I found that adding the paper around the frame allowed for a little more contrast and added to the overall "nautical" feel.  Here are a couple of close-ups:




I also used one of my favorite all time CTMH alphabet stamp sets -- Token Alphabet.  What I love about this stamp set is that you can punch out circle pieces using a 1" or 1-1/4" punch and the letter will fit perfectly.  You can then use of the background stamps included with the set and create a custom-colored background for the letter.


In keeping with the theme, I also made her a quick card.



Supplies (all are CTMH unless otherwise noted)

Paper:  Tommy Paper Packet (X7169B), Colonial White Card
Embellishments:  Artisan Studs (Z1816), Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon (Z1808), Cranberry Bakers Twine (Z1751), Tommy Complements Canvas Shapes (X7169C)
Stamps:  Family Love (D1506), 4 My Friend (D1510), Token Alphabet (E1020)
Ink:  Outdoor Denim, Cranberry

To order any of these products, please follow this link and shop online!


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Don't forget -- it's National Stamping Month!!  For the month of September only, with a $50 purchase, you can qualify to purchase ALL 3 of these amazing stamp sets for only $10!!



The "You are my Happy" stamp set trio is a fantastic value -- not to mention versatile!  This offer includes a stamp set of sentiments, an alphabet stamp set and a set of seasonal icons! Don't miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment