Friday, September 20, 2013

Quick and Easy Huntington Card

I'm hoping to start posting projects more regularly - especially with all the amazing new product!  I am SUPER excited about the Artbooking Cartridge!  I just need to carve out a little piece of creative "me" time :)  I'll post as soon as that happens!

I was super motivated as soon as I opened the Huntington paper.  It is so beautiful and just works perfectly for the fall season.  Here is a super-quick and simple card.  I took the basic design from Make It From Heart - Vol. 1 (Pg. 43 - Pattern 21).

  

Please bear with me as I try to figure out my lighting.  I usually take photos outside or under natural light, but it was so incredibly windy today, it just didn't happen.  As a result, you don't really see the true "bling" effect of the Bronze Shimmer Trim.

I've demonstrated a couple of stamping techniques here.  The first one is on the flower image.  I call it "rock the block".  All you do is ink up your image with one color (in this case, Honey), and then only ink the edges of the image with a second color (Sunset) by rolling only the edge of the stamp on the stamp pad.  Note:  Always start with the light color first!  :) You don't want to end up with a messy stamp pad.  The second technique is just background stamping.  Just think how boring this card would be if the image was only stamped on colonial white cardstock.  I thought it would be a great way to add a little more bright fall colors.


Supplies (all are CTMH unless otherwise noted)

Paper:  Huntinton Paper Packet, Cocoa and Colonial White Cardstock
Embellishments:  Durables Artisan Studs(Z1816), Bronze Shimmer Trim (Z1849)
Stamps:  Happy Autumn (D1550)
Ink:  Honey, Sunset, Chocolate

To order any of these products, please follow this link and shop online!


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Don't forget -- it's National Stamping Month!!  For the month of September only, with a $50 purchase, you can qualify to purchase ALL 3 of these amazing stamp sets (with a value of $47.50) for only $10!!



The "You are my Happy" stamp set trio is a fantastic value -- not to mention versatile!  This offer includes a stamp set of sentiments, an alphabet stamp set and a set of seasonal icons! Don't miss it!





No comments:

Post a Comment